Recycling Holiday Lights
While decorating for the holiday season, you may encounter a few strings of lights that mysteriously decided to quit working, or the dreaded wad of lights that is impossible to untangle. Don’t throw those strings of lights away – recycle them properly!
The Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District is once again providing convenient opportunities to recycle any unwanted or non-working decorative string lights. From Dec. 1-Feb. 1 residents may recycle their traditional or LED-style string lights by dropping them into a specially marked outdoor container at the following locations:
• Shor Park: 4659 Tealtown Road Milford, OH 45150 container is by the public restrooms
• Sycamore Park: 4082 State Route 132, Batavia OH 45103 container is by the public restrooms
• Chilo Lock 34 Park: 521 County Park Road, Chilo OH 45112 container is at museum and visitors center
• Clermont County Soil & Water Conservation District: 1000 Locust St. Owensville, OH 45160 container is in front of agricultural service center at the fairgrounds, near gazebo
• Pierce Township Service Department: 950 Locust Corner Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45245 container is next to the public recycling dumpsters
• Clermont County Water Resources: 4400 Haskell Lane Batavia, OH 45103
• Cincinnati Nature Center (CNC members only): 4949 Tealtown Road, Milford, OH 45150 container is at the Rowe Woods Visitor Center
• Long Branch Farm & Trails (CNC members only): 6926 Gaynor Road, Goshen, OH 45122
It is important to remember that holiday lights cannot be placed in your curbside recycling bin or in the public recycling drop-off container you typically use because they will tangle around the machinery and automated equipment at the recycling processing center. Holiday lights require special handling and processing that the Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District is happy to provide! Please note this collection event is for traditional or LED string lights only – fluorescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, or any other holiday decorations cannot be accepted.
Businesses or organizations that have a large number of holiday lights to recycle can email DSNYDER@clermontcountyohio.gov or call 513-732-7744 for special accommodations. Visit www.OEQ.net for more information about this event or any other services provided by the Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District.