Please follow these simple guidelines when preparing your material for collection.
• Trash/recycling must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled collection. Drivers may not return to residences if materials are unprepared at the scheduled collection time.
• Rumpke’s service includes collection of one, 96-gallon cans per pick-up unless the resident requested additonal cans. Cans should not exceed 50 pounds. Please do not place trash at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled. Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing plastic cans or lids.
• Please contact Rumpke at least 48 hours before your regularly scheduled collection to request a large item pick-up for acceptable large items, and/or excessive amounts of trash. Television sets cannot exceed 32 inches for curbside pick-up. Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal. Additional fees may apply.
• Freon containing appliances require special handling procedures prior to pick-up. Please complete a refrigerant recovery statement and contact Rumpke for more details.
• According to Federal law, Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
• Bulky materials including drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
• Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
• Rumpke is not responsible for damage beyond the curb line.
• Please notify Rumpke if you would like to transfer service to a new location. Subscription accounts will automatically renew unless you notify us to terminate your service.
• Landlords may be held responsible for service of rental supplies.
• All rules and regulations may vary according to location. Please contact Rumpke if you have any additional questions.
Residents can mix the organic waste in with their garbage. Again, please keep in mind, yard waste must be bundled or bagged.
Acceptable Items for Recycling:
• Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
• Metal Cans: Aluminum cans, steel cans and lids, empty aerosol cans with the lids and tips removed
• Plastic Bottles (empty, crush, reattach lid): Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as milk jugs, soda bottles, laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles and contact solution bottles
• Paper: newspaper, magazines, cardboard, mixed office paper and envelopes, paperboard (cereal boxes), pizza boxes free of food debris and grease, telephone books and catalogs
• Cartons: food and beverage cartons, such as milk, juice, soup, wine, broth and other cartons.
• Mix all items together – no separation required
• Empty all bottles, jugs and cans
• No need to remove labels
• For plastic bottles, empty, crush and reattach lids
• For cartons, remove plastic caps and straws
• NEVER place medical sharps or needles in the recycling
• DON’T use plastic bags
• No plastic bags, cassette tapes, bed sheets, hangers, metal chains, garden hoses, batteries, needles, syringes, electronics, polystyrene foam, buckets, butter tubs, car parts, food, yard waste, light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, pots, pans, and scrap metal.