PIERCE TOWNSHIP Clermont County, Ohio
Assistant Fire Chief
Pierce Township is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Fire Chief. Pierce is located east of Cincinnati in Clermont County, OH adjacent to the Hamilton County line to the west, the Ohio River to the south and SR 125 to the north. East Fork State Park is just beyond our eastern border. The fire department provides fire and EMS service to Pierce Township and neighboring Ohio Township. Current population within this extended service area exceeds 20,000 (since receiving 3,000 residents after the dissolution of the Village of Amelia) and encompasses roughly 38 square miles.
The Assistant Fire Chief reports to the Fire Chief and oversees the supervision of 65 dedicated men and women serving our community from two fire stations. This position actively responds to emergency incidents including but not limited to structural firefighting, fire suppression, emergency medical care and the transport of ill or injured, hazardous materials incidents, rescues, and natural disasters.
Qualified Candidates must have:
- All certifications and/or licenses required for employment as a Fire Captain, Fire Lieutenant and Firefighter-Paramedic and a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Minimum of 10 years in a township, municipal fire department or fire protection district, providing both fire and emergency medical services with a minimum of five years supervisory and managerial experience required.
- Associates degree in Fire Science, Fire Administration, or related field or equivalent of education and experience required
- Citizenship in the United States or have declared his or her intention of becoming a U.S. citizen and have authorization to work in the United States.
- Must live within a reasonable response distance to Pierce or Ohio Townships.
Application deadline is close of business on December 6, 2021.
Qualified applicants should send letter of interest, resume and at least 3 references to:
Attn: Loretta Rokey, Administrator
950 Locust Corner Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Or Email to: Lrokey@piercetownship.org No Phone Calls please
Because of the public records law in Ohio, the identity of applicants and application materials cannot be considered confidential.
A comprehensive background check will be conducted on all qualified candidates and final offer will be conditioned upon the results of any psychological, medical, and/or polygraph examinations required.