Baseball Practice Fields
Pierce Township is pleased to offer two baseball fields available for reservation. The fields are located at Pierce Township Park, 961 Locust Corner Rd. Reservations are available for team practices only; the fields may not be reserved for league games. Reservations are received online and made available twice a year:
1) Spring reservations are made open to eligible applicants in late January for field use in March 1st through July 31st.
2) Fall reservations are made open to eligible applicants in late June for field use in August 1st through November 30th.
- 5:30 pm to 7 pm
- 7 pm until dark (park closure)
When not reserved, the baseball fields may be used for general recreational purposes during normal park hours.
To reserve a baseball field, please complete the Online Application available here. Please note: the online application is not supported by all mobile devices.
For the Fall 2015 season, applications will only be accepted between June 15, 2015 commencing at 11 am and ending on June 19, 2015 at 5 pm.
Applications are time stamped and reservations are fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applicants will be notified by email of their approved time slot no later than 10 days after the application deadline. Due to the limited number of time slots available, Pierce Township cannot guarantee that all reservation requests will be honored.
To be eligible to submit a reservation application:
- The team coach/manager must be a Township resident.
- The team coach/manager must provide the Township with a complete roster of team members containing first and last names, home addresses and phone numbers for each player and coach.
- The coach/manager shall carry liability insurance for the team, a copy of which must be provided to the township prior to use of the field.
- Each team member must sign a Release of Liability Form available here. All forms must be provided to the Township prior to use of the field.
- Coaches must provide the Township with updated rosters and Liability forms if/when new players or coaches are added
Use of a baseball field is conditioned upon compliance with the following rules:
- All teams must adhere to their time slot designations. Practices should start and end in a timely manner so that other reserved time slots are not interrupted.
- Coaches and players are to conduct themselves in a civil and responsible manner at all times; foul language; abusive behavior; damaging of property or similar acts are prohibited.
- Basketball and tennis courts are not be used as team practice areas
- Coaches and players are responsible for removing litter, debris, equipment, personal belongings, etc. from the field and parking area at the end of each practice. The Township is not responsible for saving or storing items left on site.
- Pierce Township, at its sole discretion, may close the field at any time for any purpose. Closed fields will be marked accordingly and reasonable efforts will be made by the Township to notify coaches of closed fields.
- Coaches are asked to notify the Township when a reserved time slot will not be used.
- Time slots and/or reservation privileges may be revoked by the Township if:
- A coach or team is no longer eligible to submit or maintain a reservation application
- A team abandons their designated time slot (misses 3 or more practices without sufficient cause);
- Violates any of these rules
- Violates local, state or federal law.
- Coaches may contact Pierce Township staff at 513-752-6262 with any questions or concerns.
We hope you enjoy your experience in Pierce Township Park.